Be a FACILITATOR
Before the event:
- Register by the cut-off date on the DeSoto Dining and Dialogue web site.
- Attend mandatory training session.
- Familiarize yourself with materials and guidelines before the event
- Discuss with assigned host the flow of the evening and each person’s responsibilities
Night of the event:
- Create an emotionally safe environment for the host and participants so that everyone is encouraged to share honestly and
- Present the purpose and action steps for the evening
- Enforce the “no interruption” policy
- Manage the timing of the evening ensuring that the dinner is concluded by 9:30 p.m.
- Lead icebreaker discussion and transition to “questions”.
- Lead session closing and feedback gathering.